Growing herbs etc

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Growing herbs etc

Post  Shortie on Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:09 am

Nobody out here seems to know the answer to this so, I want to grow some herbs and stuff here. For example you cannot get coriander here at all. I tried to grow it a couple of years ago and failed miserably, but as you all know by now, I don't have green fingers. After nursing the tiny plants that I had proudly grown from seeds, I decided to put them in pots in the garden rather than under the terrace roof area, as they were spindly and quite pathetic.
I came home from the bar the next day to find them burnt to a crisp!! I'd been growing these for months.
If you lived here would you plant at the times suggested on the UK packaging or do you think you should adjust your season dates. any other advise welcome!!
Shortie
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Growing herbs etc

Post  tonybax on Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:33 pm

i would grow them in dappled shade over there m8 cos the sun is too strong, probably be ok in the sun in your winter time and spring.

tony

tonybax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Shortie on Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:24 am

So do you think I could plant them now Tony? and what about swede and turnip, some people have managed to grow them here, but when do you have to plant them?
Shortie
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tonybax on Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:27 pm

would imagine you could grow them no bother now because your winter is like our summer here in n/e england.
another 6 inches of the white stuff last night.

tony

tonybax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top